Current VacanciesOperations Internship for Adventure Tour Operator
Travel The Unknown has a very exciting opportunity to join the team as an Operations intern where you will gain invaluable experience in the travel industry dealing with clients and local operators on a daily basis both on the phone and via email.
As a company, we specialise in organising and running trips to places off the beaten track and really remote destinations with a strong focus on responsible travel. We run cultural tours, trekking trips, food tours, wildlife tours and much more.
Your day to day tasks include:
- Preparing itineraries and trip documentation
- Sending out brochure packs
- Liaising with suppliers in various countries
- researching destinations and accommodation on the web
- Logging payments and new bookings
- Communicating with clients directly predominantly via email and telephone
- Corresponding with flight consolidators to arrange client flights
- Handling the logistics of the tour
- Responsible for looking after clients from booking on a tour till post-travel
Please note, there might be the potential for a PERMANENT position after completing the internship.
- Minimum Degree level qualification
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service experience
- Be a native English speaker or equivalent
- Good IT skills (esp. spreadsheets)
- Have a good eye for detail
- Be able to think for themselves and show initiative
- Have a willingness to learn new things and adapt to situations
- Hard worker, self-motivated, excellent organisational skills and be able to juggle competing priorities.
- Available for a minimum of 8 weeks
If this position sounds like something you would be interested in, please send a cover letter confirming your availability, and a copy of your CV firstname.lastname@example.org